- Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:39 PM
Skopje, 14 February 2018 (MIA) - President Gjorge Ivanov attended Wednesday an annual grape vine pruning event on St. Trifun's Day in the town of Kavadarci.
President Ivanov was joined by Kavadaci Mayor Mitko Jancev and archbishop Agatangel at the grape vine pruning event taking place in the city square.
The President wished the citizens, most notably winegrowers and winemakers, a fruitful year.
"On this day, we wish for the year to be fruitful and productive, to be successful for everyone, not only the winegrowers and the winemakers," Ivanov said.
Observing the Macedonian tradition, President Ivanov every year attends a grape vine pruning event to mark the day of St. Trifun, Orthodox Christian saint who is the patron protector of wine makers.
Last year, Ivanov attended the ceremony that was hosted by Demir Kapija. ba/16:38
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:53 PM | Russia's RT faces three new impartiality investigations in Britain
Britain’s media regulator said on Monday it had opened a further three investigations into Russian n...
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...