- Saturday, February 17, 2018 2:18 PM
Munich, 17 February 2018 (MIA) - European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker on Saturday underscored the importance of offering countries in the Western Balkans the prospect of EU membership, but insisted they must resolve all border disputes before joining the bloc, Reuters reports.
“There are many border disputes in the West Balkans and they must be resolved before we can go a step further,” Juncker told the annual Munich Security Conference.
He said he was frustrated by an ongoing border dispute between Croatia and Slovenia that had not been addressed before they joined the EU, and wanted to prevent a recurrence with other potential EU member states. lk/14:17
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:34 PM | Protest against name agreement in downtown Skopje
A group of citizens staged another protest against the name agreement in front of the Parliament bui...
- 7:40 PM | Greek leader dons tie in sartorial relief over bailout end
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras has donned a tie, for the first time in more than three years in...
- 7:37 PM | WC 2018: Nigeria bounce back to beat Iceland 2-0
Nigeria beat Iceland 2-0 on Friday to revive their hopes of advancing into the knockout stages of th...
- 7:33 PM | German Embassy welcomes name agreement ratification in Parliament
The Skopje-based German Embassy congratulated Friday Prime Ministers Zoran Zaev and Alexis Tsipras o...
- 7:29 PM | Czech PM says ready to turn away migrants if Germany, Austria do
Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis said Friday his country was ready to start turning away migrants i...