- Sunday, February 18, 2018 10:53 AM
Tehran, 18 February 2017 (MIA) - Sixty-six people have been killed in a passenger plane crash in Iran, airline company officials say.
The Aseman Airlines plane, en route from Tehran to the south-western city of Yasuj, came down in the Zagros mountains of central Iran, the BBC reports.
The Red Crescent deployed search and rescue teams to the site near the city of Semirom in Isfahan province.
Flight EP 3704 left Tehran at 08:00 local time (04:30 GMT) and disappeared from radar about an hour later.
The aircraft crashed in Dena Mountain, 22km (14 miles) from Yasuj, news channel Irinn reported.
The plane was a French-made twin-engine turboprop ATR 72-500.
Those on board were 60 passengers, two security guards, two flight attendants and the pilot and co-pilot.
"After searches in the area, unfortunately we were informed that the plane crashed. Unfortunately, all our dear ones lost their lives in this incident," Airline spokesman Mohammad Tabatabai said.
A child was among the victims, emergency services head Pir Hossein Kulivand was quoted as saying.
Bad weather had hampered rescue efforts. Emergency teams had to travel to the crash site by land rather than using a helicopter, Kulivand said. lk/10:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...