- Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:46 PM
Tetovo, 18 February 2018 (MIA) - Afrim Gashi has been elected Sunday for a new leader of the opposition 'BESA' Movement.
At the party's first congress in Tetovo, Gashi scooped 522 votes out of 575 delegates.
From this day on BESA will be a party not only of Albanians, but of all people living in Macedonia, Gashi said.
He notified his priorities as BESA leader: Macedonia's accession to the EU and NATO; better living standards for citizens; justice for all and a party open for redefining of the country.
Today's gathering also elected monitoring and central councils as the party's highest bodies between two congresses.
DPA leader Menduh Tachi, representatives of the Alliance of Albanian, the Turkish Democratic Party and the diplomatic corps attended the BESA first congress. lk/15:44
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:22 PM | 47 suspected coup supporters detained by Turkish Police
Turkish police have apprehended 47 people accused of participating in the 2016 failed military coup,...
- 2:14 PM | DURA Automotive Systems to open new facility in Macedonia
Directorate for Technological Industrial Development Zones signed contract for long-term lease of co...
- 1:31 PM | Angjusev: Macedonia made huge steps in energy sector reforms
Macedonia has made huge steps in energy sector reforms in one year, Deputy PM for Economic Affairs K...
- 12:56 PM | Mancevski: Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration
The Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration, to connect digitally ...
- 12:06 PM | PM Zaev to visit Austria and Poland
A government delegation led by Prime Minister Zoran Zaev will pay official visit to Austria on June ...