- Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:33 AM
Belgrade, 22 February 2018 (MIA) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov referred late Wednesday to the situation in Macedonia in the context of "Great Albania ideas."
At a joint press conference with Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic in Belgrade, Lavrov said there are concerns over EU's passivity regarding the initiative that had emerged from Tirana, the so-called Tirana Platform, which "is an open call for the creation of Great Albania."
"Following the recent parliamentary elections in Macedonia, the Parliament Speaker put the Albanian flag at the table in his cabinet. These days, Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama proudly said that he had initiated the law giving the Albanian language a state status in Macedonia. This violates the Ohrid Framework Agreement, which provided relief after the crisis in Macedonia many years ago," said Lavrov. ik/09:32
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:07 PM | North Korean leader says he wants to maintain high-level contacts with Russia: Kremlin aide
North Korea leader Kim Jong Un sent a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin saying that he want...
- 4:03 PM | Greek far-left terrorist granted new furlough from prison
A convicted Greek far-left terrorist serving multiple life terms for a string of assassinations has ...
- 4:00 PM | Jankuloska, Grujevski, Boskovski to be tried separately in Target-Fortress case
The trial in Special Prosecutor's Office (SPO) case dubbed Target-Fortress will resume on August 31,...
- 3:42 PM | Zaev: Greece agreement closes last issue on road to EU, NATO
Following the Bulgaria Friendship Treaty, we have reached a dignified agreement with Greece and clos...
- 3:30 PM | PM Zaev meets with UNOPS official Faremo
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Tuesday a delegation of the United Nations Office for Project Services...