- Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:33 AM
Belgrade, 22 February 2018 (MIA) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov referred late Wednesday to the situation in Macedonia in the context of "Great Albania ideas."
At a joint press conference with Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic in Belgrade, Lavrov said there are concerns over EU's passivity regarding the initiative that had emerged from Tirana, the so-called Tirana Platform, which "is an open call for the creation of Great Albania."
"Following the recent parliamentary elections in Macedonia, the Parliament Speaker put the Albanian flag at the table in his cabinet. These days, Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama proudly said that he had initiated the law giving the Albanian language a state status in Macedonia. This violates the Ohrid Framework Agreement, which provided relief after the crisis in Macedonia many years ago," said Lavrov. ik/09:32
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:38 PM | Robertson: Macedonian people have a decision to make - now or never
It would be wrong for me to say how to vote, but casting a vote is an imperative, as the saying goes...
- 8:23 PM | DM Sekerinska invites citizens to vote for European Macedonia on referendum day
Macedonia’s accession to NATO will not be a gift as the government has done, sacrificed a lot to bri...
- 6:56 PM | Speaker Xhaferi meets members of EU-Macedonia Joint Parliamentary Committee
Speaker Talat Xhaferi wished successful work Wednesday to members of the EU-Macedonia Joint Parliame...
- 6:49 PM | Zbogar: We want to see your country as full-fledged EU member
Citizens will decide very soon on the path of their future and relations with the European Union. Th...
- 6:14 PM | EU must end migration 'blame game': Tusk
The chairman of the body grouping European Union government leaders lashed out on Wednesday against ...