- Monday, March 19, 2018 4:43 PM
Skopje, 19 March 2018 (MIA) - The Special Public Prosecution (SPO) filed an appeal to the Court of Appeals challenging a tax evasion ruling involving TV journalist Ivona Talevska.
The SPO requests Talevska's sentence to be substituted with jail time.
In February, the journalist was sentenced to two years of probation after pleading guilty to tax evasion charges.
A court also ordered her to pay back tax money in a period of one year. She should pay taxes estimated at nearly MKD 1,7 million (EUR 27,000) throughout the year and to pay a fine of EUR 1,000.
Additionally, being a representative of a company, Talevska should pay back MKD 1,146,000 in taxes within a year.
The company dubbed Smart, in turn, should pay a fine of MKD 200,000 within 30 days and taxes that had been evaded for a period of one year. ba/16:41
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:03 PM | Plastic waste cleaned near Lake Kozjak on Earth Day
Over 150 fans of nature and environmentally engaged citizens on Sunday took part in a drive to clean...
- 3:48 PM | Greek professors write a book to explain the Macedonian issue to Greeks
A professor and a historian in Greece have released a book, an 'easy read' in a question-and-answer ...
- 2:41 PM | EU, NATO should seize name settlement opportunity: ambassador
We believe there's place in the EU for the Western Balkan countries and the process shouldn't be sto...
- 2:05 PM | Deputy PM: Macedonia gets positive EC report with clear, unconditional recommendation
Macedonia got an exceptionally positive report from the European Commission with a clear and uncondi...
- 1:19 PM | Armenia police detain protest leader Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan
Police in Armenia have detained an opposition MP who has been leading anti-government protests.