- Monday, March 19, 2018 4:43 PM
Skopje, 19 March 2018 (MIA) - The Special Public Prosecution (SPO) filed an appeal to the Court of Appeals challenging a tax evasion ruling involving TV journalist Ivona Talevska.
The SPO requests Talevska's sentence to be substituted with jail time.
In February, the journalist was sentenced to two years of probation after pleading guilty to tax evasion charges.
A court also ordered her to pay back tax money in a period of one year. She should pay taxes estimated at nearly MKD 1,7 million (EUR 27,000) throughout the year and to pay a fine of EUR 1,000.
Additionally, being a representative of a company, Talevska should pay back MKD 1,146,000 in taxes within a year.
The company dubbed Smart, in turn, should pay a fine of MKD 200,000 within 30 days and taxes that had been evaded for a period of one year. ba/16:41
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:17 PM | North Korea agrees to accept U.N. agency staff over missiles
North Korea has agreed to allow International Civil Aviation Organization staff to conduct an on-sit...
- 4:07 PM | Homer’s Iliad to close 58th Ohrid Summer Festival on Monday
Macedonia’s biggest music and theatre event, the 58th edition of Ohrid Summer Festival, is to close ...
- 2:00 PM | Operational Employment Plan, Youth Guarantee programme - effective to reduce unemployment
2018 Operational Employment Plan and pilot programme Youth Guarantee are being successfully implemen...
- 11:17 AM | Portrait of academician Radovan Pavlovski at scientific and art visit in Uranija House-MANU
An event portraying the academician Radovan Pavlovski will be held Sunday evening within scientific ...
- 10:52 AM | Tough talks, no agreements at Merkel, Putin meeting near Berlin
Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel discussed the conflicts in Ukra...