- Monday, March 19, 2018 3:53 PM
Sofia, 19 March 2018 (MIA) - Nearly 800 people from Western Balkan countries have fought for the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, said Europol Executive Director Rob Wainwright.
"There are 30,000 potential terrorists in the European Union," Wainwright said at the opening of the Europol meeting taking place in Sofia as part of Bulgaria's presidency with the Council of the EU.
Bulgaria as well as many other European countries are being under the threat of terrorism, he warned.
According to Wainwright, the expansion of terrorist activities pose a major threat to Europe, alongside cyber threat and criminal groups operating in some countries. Europol is strengthening its capacities to make it harder for terrorists to operate, he noted.
Last year, Europol conducted over 1,600 operations. ba/15:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:17 PM | North Korea agrees to accept U.N. agency staff over missiles
North Korea has agreed to allow International Civil Aviation Organization staff to conduct an on-sit...
- 4:07 PM | Homer’s Iliad to close 58th Ohrid Summer Festival on Monday
Macedonia’s biggest music and theatre event, the 58th edition of Ohrid Summer Festival, is to close ...
- 2:00 PM | Operational Employment Plan, Youth Guarantee programme - effective to reduce unemployment
2018 Operational Employment Plan and pilot programme Youth Guarantee are being successfully implemen...
- 11:17 AM | Portrait of academician Radovan Pavlovski at scientific and art visit in Uranija House-MANU
An event portraying the academician Radovan Pavlovski will be held Sunday evening within scientific ...
- 10:52 AM | Tough talks, no agreements at Merkel, Putin meeting near Berlin
Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel discussed the conflicts in Ukra...