- Monday, April 16, 2018 8:31 PM
Athens, 16 April 2018 (MIA) - Political leaders in the neighboring country should understand that parties cannot negotiate through interviews and public statements, said Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias Monday in Luxembourg.
He attended a Foreign Affairs Council meeting of the EU, where developments in Syria, the Iran nuclear program and the prospects for EU accession of Western Balkan countries were discussed, MIA reports from Athens. The Minister also referred to the course of the negotiations ongoing with Macedonia and Albania.
"It is necessary for FYROM's leaders to understand that negotiations cannot be held through interviews and constant public statements. They must show seriousness and accept a method that would lead us to a resolution," FM Kotzias noted. ba/20:28
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:03 PM | Plastic waste cleaned near Lake Kozjak on Earth Day
Over 150 fans of nature and environmentally engaged citizens on Sunday took part in a drive to clean...
- 3:48 PM | Greek professors write a book to explain the Macedonian issue to Greeks
A professor and a historian in Greece have released a book, an 'easy read' in a question-and-answer ...
- 2:41 PM | EU, NATO should seize name settlement opportunity: ambassador
We believe there's place in the EU for the Western Balkan countries and the process shouldn't be sto...
- 2:05 PM | Deputy PM: Macedonia gets positive EC report with clear, unconditional recommendation
Macedonia got an exceptionally positive report from the European Commission with a clear and uncondi...
- 1:19 PM | Armenia police detain protest leader Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan
Police in Armenia have detained an opposition MP who has been leading anti-government protests.