- Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:32 AM
Strasbourg, 17 April 2018 (MIA) - The European Union needs to open up to accepting new members from the Western Balkans to avoid the risk of a new war in the region, the head of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker told the European Parliament on Tuesday, Reuters reports.
“If we do not open up to countries in that highly complicated an tragic region, and if we do not open up a European perspective to them, we will see war returning to that area as we saw in the 1990s,” Juncker said.
“I do not want to see war returning to the Balkans and so we need to open up to them,” he said. ik/11:31
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:00 PM | Belgrade-Pristina dialogue resumes in September
The next meeting of the Serbia and Kosovo presidents Aleksandar Vucic and Hashim Thaci will take pla...
- 3:31 PM | Leaders’ meeting resumes Monday morning
A fresh round of talks including only the leaders of the four main parliamentary parties - Zoran Zae...
- 3:06 PM | Zaev: Long-awaited construction of hydro system Konsko begins (video)
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy Ljupco Nikolovski, Ge...
- 1:57 PM | Pianist Vadym Kholodenko to give solo recital at Ohrid Summer Festival
Following last night’s performance together with the violinist Alena Baeva at the Ohrid Summer Festi...
- 1:41 PM | Putin says Russia's World Cup stadiums should remain soccer venues
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that the country's 12 World Cup venues should be mai...