- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:51 PM
Skopje, 16 May 2018 (MIA) - Anita Angelovska-Bezoska, incumbent vice governor of the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia (NBRM), has been nominated by President Gjorge Ivanov to be appointed as the new governor of the central bank, the President's cabinet told MIA.
Ivanov's nomination comes after he received a written statement by the outgoing governor, Dimitar Bogov, informing the President that he is withdrawing from the race to become the new governor.
The new proposal was sent by the President earlier today to the Macedonian Parliament.
Anita Angelovska-Bezoska PhD has served as vice governor of the National Bank for eight years after being re-elected by MPs in 2017. She is in charge of monetary policy, research and statistics. ba/14:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...
- 12:21 PM | Albanian Theatre to perform “Danton’s death” at Ohrid Summer Festival
Skopje-based Albanian Theatre is to perform theatre play “Danton’s death” play by Georg Büchner and ...
- 11:44 AM | Cuba approves new leader's Cabinet with old faces in place
Cuban lawmakers on Saturday approved the Cabinet named by new President Miguel Diaz-Canel, keeping m...
- 11:31 AM | Train in Greece hits, kills 2 migrants near Turkish border
Greek police say two migrants have been killed in northeastern Greece, hit by the same local train i...