- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:51 PM
Skopje, 16 May 2018 (MIA) - Anita Angelovska-Bezoska, incumbent vice governor of the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia (NBRM), has been nominated by President Gjorge Ivanov to be appointed as the new governor of the central bank, the President's cabinet told MIA.
Ivanov's nomination comes after he received a written statement by the outgoing governor, Dimitar Bogov, informing the President that he is withdrawing from the race to become the new governor.
The new proposal was sent by the President earlier today to the Macedonian Parliament.
Anita Angelovska-Bezoska PhD has served as vice governor of the National Bank for eight years after being re-elected by MPs in 2017. She is in charge of monetary policy, research and statistics. ba/14:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:39 PM | Rod Rosenstein denies voicing plot to remove Trump
US Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has denied a report alleging he discussed ousting Presiden...
- 8:11 PM | Germans angry over spy chief's promotion after comments
A spat over Germany's domestic intelligence chief flared up again Friday, after a center-left party ...
- 7:43 PM | Tsipras, Kammenos to revisit Prespa Agreement issue in March: ANA-MPA
Greek government coalition partners Alexis Tsipras and Panos Kammenos will revisit the Prespa Agreem...
- 5:58 PM | DPA CEO Kropsch elected for new EANA President
The European Alliance of News Agencies (EANA) General Assembly elected Friday Peter Kropsch, CEO of ...
- 5:40 PM | Commission to take Poland to top EU court over court reforms
The European Commission decided this week to take Poland to the top European Union court over court ...