- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:17 PM
Sofia, 16 May 2018 (MIA) – The EU-integration is the best instrument at Brussels’ disposal for assisting those countries that wish for changes and reforms, Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov said Wednesday in Sofia at a conference on Western Balkan European prospect.
The European Commission’s positive report and recommendation justifies Macedonia’s expectation to get a date for commencing the EU accession talks, Dimitrov said.
Preventing Macedonia to open the EU accession talks would be a tragedy, Dimitrov said, pointing out that for the last few years the country has learned many lessons, changed and developed social awareness. lk/17:16
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:59 PM | Foreign Secretary Hunt warns of no-deal Brexit risk
Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said on Monday there was a risk of no-deal Brexit if EU negotiators wa...
- 1:52 PM | Regional co-production wins top prize of 65th Pula Film Festival
The Frog, a film directed by Bosnian filmmaker Elmir Jukic, won the Golden Arena award for best film...
- 1:51 PM | Macedonia expects Kosovo to withdraw duty decision
The Macedonian Government is doing everything not to introduce counter-measures for Kosovo but will ...
- 1:42 PM | Macedonian Mining Association calls for public debate prior to changing law
In anticipation of the proposed changes to the Law on Mineral Resources, the Macedonian Mining Assoc...
- 1:40 PM | Residents flee forest fire near Athens
A fire burning a pine forest in a mountainous area west of Athens has prompted nearby residents to f...