- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 6:36 PM
Skopje, 16 May 2018 (MIA) – The upcoming summit in Sofia will unlock the integration processes of the Western Balkan countries, put on hold as a result of the inability of EU members to advance their relations, which should have led to admission of new members, former Slovenian President Milan Kucan said Wednesday at a meeting with Macedonia’s Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi.
Slovenia, Kucan said, will always support Macedonia’s bid to join the European Union and NATO, as it has fulfilled its part of the tasks to that effect. Now it is up to the Euro-Atlantic organization to do their part of the job, he added.
Xhaferi commended the excellent Macedonian-Slovenian relations. He also extended gratitude for Slovenia’s regular support of Macedonia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations.
He briefed the high guest about Macedonia’s efforts to advance the relations with its neighbors, notifying to that effect the Friendship Treaty with Bulgaria and intensified negotiations with Greece on settling the name dispute, the Speaker’s Office said in a press release. lk/18:36
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...
- 12:21 PM | Albanian Theatre to perform “Danton’s death” at Ohrid Summer Festival
Skopje-based Albanian Theatre is to perform theatre play “Danton’s death” play by Georg Büchner and ...
- 11:44 AM | Cuba approves new leader's Cabinet with old faces in place
Cuban lawmakers on Saturday approved the Cabinet named by new President Miguel Diaz-Canel, keeping m...
- 11:31 AM | Train in Greece hits, kills 2 migrants near Turkish border
Greek police say two migrants have been killed in northeastern Greece, hit by the same local train i...