- Saturday, May 19, 2018 6:31 PM
Skopje, 19 May 2018 (MIA) - President Gjorge Ivanov says he wants to receive a written document containing everything that has been discussed in the name talks with Greece so far before forming a position on the name proposal unveiled Saturday by PM Zoran Zaev after the leaders' meeting,
PM Zaev revealed that the possible solution under consideration is Republic of Ilinden Macedonia.
Ivanov also refrained from stating his personal view as a citizen of Macedonia when asked whether he thought the proposal was 'dignified'.
"We have been informed about some things for the first time. I expect I will be sent a written document with all the proposals," he reiterated.
President Ivanov stressed that the process must take place within the UN-defined framework.
"Any proposal should be reviewed also by international law experts, because in the past we have seen the Greek side being inconsistent," Ivanov said. ba/18:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:57 PM | Ways sought to export Macedonian peaches in UK, Kosovo or Albania after Russian ban
The markets in the UK, Kosovo and Albania are seen as potential markets for export of Macedonian pea...
- 3:40 PM | Over 740 Macedonian nationals living abroad applied to vote in upcoming referendum
Thus far a total of 742 citizens have filed applications for voting abroad at the 30 September name ...
- 2:51 PM | Genoa motorway bridge collapses 'killing at least 10'
A major motorway bridge has collapsed near the Italian city of Genoa, leading to vehicles falling so...
- 2:44 PM | Erdogan says Turkey will boycott U.S. electronics, lira steadies
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday Turkey will boycott electronic products from the United Sta...
- 2:35 PM | Igor Ivanov Izi's silent short The Lover about to come out of post-production
The Lover, Macedonian director Igor Ivanov Izi's short that was shot in the style of old silent movi...