- Monday, May 21, 2018 12:23 PM
Skopje, 21 May 2018 (MIA) - The Parliament's Foreign Policy Committee has urged the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to provide the documents over the proposal for settlement of the name dispute, which Prime Minister Zoran Zaev officially presented over the weekend - Republic of Ilinden Macedonia, said Committee chair Antonio Milososki on Monday.
"It is difficult to build a position without a proposal in front of us. That is why the Committee wants the Foreign Minister to provide the documents related to this possible proposal so that we build a position as MPs and a Foreign Policy Committee," said Milososki.
The VMRO-DPMNE MP said there are different opinions regarding the proposal.
"The stance of PM Zaev was that identity issues remain unchanged, as currently inscribed in the UN, but FM Dimitrov said in an interview yesterday that the language would be Macedonian without translation. Either there is lack of coordination or something is hidden from the public. Therefore, I believe it would be good if we had a document over the proposal," added Milososki. ik/12:21
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...