- Monday, May 21, 2018 8:53 PM
London, 21 March 2018 (MIA) - Britain’s media regulator said on Monday it had opened a further three investigations into Russian news channel RT to see whether it had breached impartiality rules, Reuters reports.
Ofcom has previously warned that RT producer TV Novosti could lose its right to broadcast in Britain if it fails its “fit and proper” test.
Ofcom has said it saw a significant increase in the number of programs on the RT service that required investigation following a nerve agent attack on former Russian spy Sergei Skripal in March.
“We have opened three further investigations into the due impartiality of news and current affairs programs broadcast on RT,” an Ofcom spokeswoman said. lk/20:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:20 PM | Zaev-Pence: Prespa Agreement secures Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Thursday in Washington with United States Vice President Mike Pence, w...
- 9:57 PM | DM Sekerinska: Citizens offered opportunity to realize wish for becoming part of EU, NATO
There is no doubt that citizens of Macedonia wish for their country to join the European Union and N...
- 8:45 PM | Germany, France help Western Balkans get rid of illicit arms
Germany and France have launched a project fighting illicit firearms trafficking in the Western Balk...
- 8:06 PM | Turkey slashes growth goals, warns of high inflation
Turkey slashed its growth projections and ramped up inflation predictions on Thursday, winning prais...
- 7:54 PM | Turkey fines Google over competition infringements
Turkey's Competition Authority has fined US tech giant Google around USD 15 million for violating co...