- Monday, May 21, 2018 8:53 PM
London, 21 March 2018 (MIA) - Britain’s media regulator said on Monday it had opened a further three investigations into Russian news channel RT to see whether it had breached impartiality rules, Reuters reports.
Ofcom has previously warned that RT producer TV Novosti could lose its right to broadcast in Britain if it fails its “fit and proper” test.
Ofcom has said it saw a significant increase in the number of programs on the RT service that required investigation following a nerve agent attack on former Russian spy Sergei Skripal in March.
“We have opened three further investigations into the due impartiality of news and current affairs programs broadcast on RT,” an Ofcom spokeswoman said. lk/20:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | FM: Political decision this week on start of EU negotiations is crucial for Macedonia
I hope that the EU members could find a compromise that for us would imply a clear political decisio...
- 8:48 PM | Traffic accident leaves 2 dead, 17 injured migrants
Two migrants died and 17 were left injured on Monday after a traffic accident on Radovis-Stip road i...
- 8:35 PM | FM: Bulgaria to propose opening of EU-Macedonia accession negotiations
The Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council will propose on Tuesday that Macedonia and Albania be inv...
- 8:23 PM | Macedonia expects heightened US support: deputy minister
Deputy Foreign Minister Andrej Zernovski and US Ambassador Jess Baily in a meeting on Monday praised...
- 7:50 PM | PM Zaev congratulates Turkey's Erdogan on election victory
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev sent Monday a letter to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan congratulating him ...