- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:22 PM
Berlin, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - Austria's chancellor Sebastian Kurz says the resolution of Macedonia’s name dispute will help drive forward the country's bid to join the European Union.
Sebastian Kurz, whose country takes over the EU's rotating presidency in July, said Wednesday that Austria 'sees a clear European perspective for the entire Western Balkans and, of course, also for Macedonia.'
Speaking in Berlin, he congratulated Macedonia and Greece on ending their decades-long dispute over the name, which is also used by a Greek region.
Kurz said 'this definitely ensures that it will now be possible to push ahead with Macedonia’s accession process.' lk/16:21
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:50 PM | President Ivanov to attend 73rd UN General Assembly in New York
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov kicks off Thursday his working visit to the United States, where ...
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...