- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:22 PM
Berlin, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - Austria's chancellor Sebastian Kurz says the resolution of Macedonia’s name dispute will help drive forward the country's bid to join the European Union.
Sebastian Kurz, whose country takes over the EU's rotating presidency in July, said Wednesday that Austria 'sees a clear European perspective for the entire Western Balkans and, of course, also for Macedonia.'
Speaking in Berlin, he congratulated Macedonia and Greece on ending their decades-long dispute over the name, which is also used by a Greek region.
Kurz said 'this definitely ensures that it will now be possible to push ahead with Macedonia’s accession process.' lk/16:21
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | FM: Political decision this week on start of EU negotiations is crucial for Macedonia
I hope that the EU members could find a compromise that for us would imply a clear political decisio...
- 8:48 PM | Traffic accident leaves 2 dead, 17 injured migrants
Two migrants died and 17 were left injured on Monday after a traffic accident on Radovis-Stip road i...
- 8:35 PM | FM: Bulgaria to propose opening of EU-Macedonia accession negotiations
The Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council will propose on Tuesday that Macedonia and Albania be inv...
- 8:23 PM | Macedonia expects heightened US support: deputy minister
Deputy Foreign Minister Andrej Zernovski and US Ambassador Jess Baily in a meeting on Monday praised...
- 7:50 PM | PM Zaev congratulates Turkey's Erdogan on election victory
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev sent Monday a letter to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan congratulating him ...