- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:48 PM
Tbilisi, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili resigned on Wednesday amid a disagreement with the leader of the ruling party, Bidzina Ivanishvili, who is a former prime minister and the ex-Soviet country’s richest man, Reuters reports.
“We’ve had some disagreements with the leader of the ruling party,” Kvirikashvili said in a televised statement. “I think there is a moment now when the leader of the (ruling) party should be given an opportunity to staff a new cabinet.”
Kvirikashvili, 50, has been prime minister since 2015. lk/19:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:57 PM | Ways sought to export Macedonian peaches in UK, Kosovo or Albania after Russian ban
The markets in the UK, Kosovo and Albania are seen as potential markets for export of Macedonian pea...
- 3:40 PM | Over 740 Macedonian nationals living abroad applied to vote in upcoming referendum
Thus far a total of 742 citizens have filed applications for voting abroad at the 30 September name ...
- 2:51 PM | Genoa motorway bridge collapses 'killing at least 10'
A major motorway bridge has collapsed near the Italian city of Genoa, leading to vehicles falling so...
- 2:44 PM | Erdogan says Turkey will boycott U.S. electronics, lira steadies
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday Turkey will boycott electronic products from the United Sta...
- 2:35 PM | Igor Ivanov Izi's silent short The Lover about to come out of post-production
The Lover, Macedonian director Igor Ivanov Izi's short that was shot in the style of old silent movi...