- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:50 PM
Belgrade, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - Fresh storms in the Balkans have flooded buildings and streets and pounded parts of the region with hail, destroying crops, The Associated Press reports.
Layers of ice formed Wednesday afternoon in the streets of the western Serbian town of Uzice as flood waters surged through the town.
Cars could be seen partially submerged in the water rushing down the streets, while people cleared their balconies of the ice after the storm.
In central Serbia, hail and strong winds damaged the region's orchards.
In neighboring Croatia, heavy rains flooded parts of a hospital in Zagreb, the capital, disrupting planned operations. Emergency officials have reported 30 interventions throughout the city during the storm. lk/20:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:20 PM | Zaev-Pence: Prespa Agreement secures Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Thursday in Washington with United States Vice President Mike Pence, w...
- 9:57 PM | DM Sekerinska: Citizens offered opportunity to realize wish for becoming part of EU, NATO
There is no doubt that citizens of Macedonia wish for their country to join the European Union and N...
- 8:45 PM | Germany, France help Western Balkans get rid of illicit arms
Germany and France have launched a project fighting illicit firearms trafficking in the Western Balk...
- 8:06 PM | Turkey slashes growth goals, warns of high inflation
Turkey slashed its growth projections and ramped up inflation predictions on Thursday, winning prais...
- 7:54 PM | Turkey fines Google over competition infringements
Turkey's Competition Authority has fined US tech giant Google around USD 15 million for violating co...