- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:50 PM
Belgrade, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - Fresh storms in the Balkans have flooded buildings and streets and pounded parts of the region with hail, destroying crops, The Associated Press reports.
Layers of ice formed Wednesday afternoon in the streets of the western Serbian town of Uzice as flood waters surged through the town.
Cars could be seen partially submerged in the water rushing down the streets, while people cleared their balconies of the ice after the storm.
In central Serbia, hail and strong winds damaged the region's orchards.
In neighboring Croatia, heavy rains flooded parts of a hospital in Zagreb, the capital, disrupting planned operations. Emergency officials have reported 30 interventions throughout the city during the storm. lk/20:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | FM: Political decision this week on start of EU negotiations is crucial for Macedonia
I hope that the EU members could find a compromise that for us would imply a clear political decisio...
- 8:48 PM | Traffic accident leaves 2 dead, 17 injured migrants
Two migrants died and 17 were left injured on Monday after a traffic accident on Radovis-Stip road i...
- 8:35 PM | FM: Bulgaria to propose opening of EU-Macedonia accession negotiations
The Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council will propose on Tuesday that Macedonia and Albania be inv...
- 8:23 PM | Macedonia expects heightened US support: deputy minister
Deputy Foreign Minister Andrej Zernovski and US Ambassador Jess Baily in a meeting on Monday praised...
- 7:50 PM | PM Zaev congratulates Turkey's Erdogan on election victory
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev sent Monday a letter to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan congratulating him ...