- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:34 PM
Berlin, 12 June 2018 (MIA) - Europe needs a unified approach to migration that addresses the interests of every member state, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday, noting that Italy did not feel it was receiving sufficient support from other European Union states.
Merkel, facing sharp criticism of her own migration policies from fellow German conservatives, warned against any state pursuing unilateral actions, and said it was important to maintain a unified European approach, Reuters reports.
“It’s very, very important to me that Germany does not act unilaterally, but that everything we do is orderly, discussed, with agreements with others, so that we have a really unified European approach,” Merkel told reporters after a meeting with Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel. lk/21:33
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:57 PM | Ways sought to export Macedonian peaches in UK, Kosovo or Albania after Russian ban
The markets in the UK, Kosovo and Albania are seen as potential markets for export of Macedonian pea...
- 3:40 PM | Over 740 Macedonian nationals living abroad applied to vote in upcoming referendum
Thus far a total of 742 citizens have filed applications for voting abroad at the 30 September name ...
- 2:51 PM | Genoa motorway bridge collapses 'killing at least 10'
A major motorway bridge has collapsed near the Italian city of Genoa, leading to vehicles falling so...
- 2:44 PM | Erdogan says Turkey will boycott U.S. electronics, lira steadies
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday Turkey will boycott electronic products from the United Sta...
- 2:35 PM | Igor Ivanov Izi's silent short The Lover about to come out of post-production
The Lover, Macedonian director Igor Ivanov Izi's short that was shot in the style of old silent movi...