- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:34 PM
Berlin, 12 June 2018 (MIA) - Europe needs a unified approach to migration that addresses the interests of every member state, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday, noting that Italy did not feel it was receiving sufficient support from other European Union states.
Merkel, facing sharp criticism of her own migration policies from fellow German conservatives, warned against any state pursuing unilateral actions, and said it was important to maintain a unified European approach, Reuters reports.
“It’s very, very important to me that Germany does not act unilaterally, but that everything we do is orderly, discussed, with agreements with others, so that we have a really unified European approach,” Merkel told reporters after a meeting with Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel. lk/21:33
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:28 PM | Greek foreign minister resigns, prime minister takes over
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias has resigned following a disagreement with the defense minister...
- 2:49 PM | Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias submits resignation
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias submitted his resignation Wednesday, a day after a tense cabine...
- 2:35 PM | European Statistics Day: Macedonian statistical system complies with European standards
Macedonia is committed to the implementation of European values, signing the Declaration over the Co...
- 2:14 PM | Atanasov: Asian tiger mosquito discovered in Macedonia, no infection cases registered
The Asian tiger mosquito has been discovered on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia. Mapping ...
- 1:45 PM | Government against impunity of officials in public procurement procedures
The Government says the initiative filed by a lawyer to the Constitutional Court over the assessment...