- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 2:42 PM
Skopje, 19 June 2018 (MIA) - A tender call for subsidizing low-cost airlines is expected to be announced by end of June, Minister of Transport and Communications Goran Sugareski told Tuesday.
He also underlined that subsidies for low-cost airlines continue and the aim is to direct more flights to Ohrid Airport.
“All interested companies will be able to apply, which means that we continue with subsidizing low-cost airlines by targeting Ohrid Airport,” Sugareski said.
He does not reveal more details regarding the tender criteria, but improvements to the model of subsidizing are expected to be made.
The contract with the low-cost airline Wizz Air expires this month. sk/14:41
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:07 PM | EU Ambassador Zbogar: Ohrid to use more EU funds for developing tourism
About EUR 18 million under the EU Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) has been allocated f...
- 10:04 PM | Opposition leader Mickoski tells citizens to vote 'with own conscience' in upcoming referendum
In the 30 September referendum all citizens of Macedonia should act in line with their belief, liste...
- 9:28 PM | EDJNet: Europe is getting warmer
An exclusive analysis of over 100 million meteorological data points shows that every major city in ...
- 7:37 PM | Russia to upgrade Syria air defenses
Russia is to send new anti-aircraft missiles to Syria, a week after Syrian forces accidentally shot ...
- 6:29 PM | Italy govt adopts tough anti-migrant decree
The Italian government on Monday adopted a heavily-criticised security decree which will make it eas...