- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 2:42 PM
Skopje, 19 June 2018 (MIA) - A tender call for subsidizing low-cost airlines is expected to be announced by end of June, Minister of Transport and Communications Goran Sugareski told Tuesday.
He also underlined that subsidies for low-cost airlines continue and the aim is to direct more flights to Ohrid Airport.
“All interested companies will be able to apply, which means that we continue with subsidizing low-cost airlines by targeting Ohrid Airport,” Sugareski said.
He does not reveal more details regarding the tender criteria, but improvements to the model of subsidizing are expected to be made.
The contract with the low-cost airline Wizz Air expires this month. sk/14:41
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:43 PM | Football fan group ‘Komiti’ seeks justice for its late member Nikola Sazdovski
Members and supporters of football fan group ‘Komiti’ took to streets of Skopje late Monday to marc...
- 8:15 PM | Trump and Putin vow reset in ties
Presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin vowed a fresh start to troubled relations between the wor...
- 6:34 PM | Russian embassy says Zaev statement 'politically irresponsible'
The Skopje-based Russian Embassy said Monday the statement of Prime Minister Zoran Zaev that Russian...
- 5:29 PM | EUR 180,000 for celebration of Macedonia’s NATO membership invitation across the country
The budget expenditure for celebrating Macedonia’s NATO membership invitation in 15 cities across th...
- 5:14 PM | Turkey stops registering Syrian refugees: HRW
Turkish authorities have stopped registering "all but a handful" of newly-arrived Syrian refugees, d...