- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 5:18 PM
Skopje, 19 June 2018 (MIA) - Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov elaborated Tuesday the process of settling the name dispute and the agreement reached with Greece before members of the Parliament's Committee on Foreign Affairs, who later endorsed the draft-law ratifying the name deal.
FM Dimitrov said these days are historic for Macedonia, while the agreement demonstrates responsibility and patriotism.
The fast-track procedure for the agreement's ratification results from next week's General Affairs Council in Luxembourg.
"It is important to do everything possible so that we notify Greece on time, and afterwards Greece notifies the Council that it has no remarks over the Macedonia's EU accession," said Dimitrov.
According to him, the decision to close the issue was taken without any pressure from the West.
"The new policy of accountability brings prosperity and greater security in Macedonia. The settlement of this dispute is also good for our collective mental health," added Dimitrov.
VMRO-DPMNE MPs were absent from the Committee session due to their opposition to the name agreement.
The Parliament is set to ratify the agreement at a plenary session on Wednesday. ik/17:16
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...