Secretary General Stoltenberg officially hands over NATO membership invitation to Macedonian PM Zaev
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 4:13 PM
Skopje, 12 July 2018 (MIA) – Macedonia’s accession to NATO will contribute to strengthening the stability and security of the Western Balkans and and serve as a positive example in the region, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said Thursday in Brussels after signing an invitation to that effect along with Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
‘As a future, 30th NATO member, we are ready to contribute to further transformation of the Western Balkans into a peaceful, prosperous region,’ Zaev said.
Macedonia, Stoltenberg said, will officially become the 30th NATO member when all allies sign the accession protocol. lk/16:13
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:07 PM | EU Ambassador Zbogar: Ohrid to use more EU funds for developing tourism
About EUR 18 million under the EU Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) has been allocated f...
- 10:04 PM | Opposition leader Mickoski tells citizens to vote 'with own conscience' in upcoming referendum
In the 30 September referendum all citizens of Macedonia should act in line with their belief, liste...
- 9:28 PM | EDJNet: Europe is getting warmer
An exclusive analysis of over 100 million meteorological data points shows that every major city in ...
- 7:37 PM | Russia to upgrade Syria air defenses
Russia is to send new anti-aircraft missiles to Syria, a week after Syrian forces accidentally shot ...
- 6:29 PM | Italy govt adopts tough anti-migrant decree
The Italian government on Monday adopted a heavily-criticised security decree which will make it eas...