- Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:31 AM
Athens, 22 July 2018 (MIA) - Greek police say two migrants have been killed in northeastern Greece, hit by the same local train in two separate incidents, AP reports.
Police in the city of Alexandroupolis say the train on the Alexandroupolis-Ormenio line runs parallel to the Greek-Turkish border a few kilometers (miles) to the east. It hit two people walking on the tracks at 12:50 am Saturday, shortly after its departure from Alexandroupolis. Police say one was killed and the other seriously injured.
Migrants crossing into Greece from Turkey often use rail tracks to walk along at night.
The train driver reported the incident and was delayed. Only minutes after resuming its journey, at 2:20 am, the train fatally hit a third person.
The victims’ identities or nationalities were not known. sk/11:30
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:12 PM | Russian Orthodox Church breaks with Constantinople in row over Ukraine
The Russian Orthodox Church said on Monday it had decided to sever all relations with the Ecumenical...
- 7:58 PM | Turkish police have audio showing Khashoggi was killed at consulate: sources
Turkish authorities have an audio recording which indicates that missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khas...
- 7:51 PM | Parliament to resume debate on constitutional revision on Tuesday
MPs have concluded Monday's debate on the government motion for constitutional changes, which is set...
- 6:31 PM | Fight against corruption requires unity, says Minister Deskoska
Corruption exists in all countries without exception, as a criminal and sociological phenomenon, mor...
- 6:01 PM | 2018 Skopje Jazz Festival: Contemporary jazz and exclusive performances
The Skopje Jazz Festival this year is focused on contemporary jazz. The musicians scheduled to perfo...