- Friday, August 10, 2018 3:30 PM
Skopje, 10 August 2018 (MIA) - Tests revealed existence of GMO in soybeans and soya chunks imported from Serbia by the Macedonian company Vitalia. A total of 510 kilograms of soybeans and soya chunks will be destroyed, while exporters will be ordered to pay €5,000 fine.
Managers in these companies will be also fined.
"The Food and Veterinary Agency received results from superanalysis of soybeans and soya chunks, conducted in a reference laboratory in the European Union, which confirm the presence of GMO," the Agency said in a statement.
The soya products were manufactured by the company Sojaproteni in Serbia.
Samples have been taken as part of a monitoring food safety program of the Food and Veterinary Agency.
Recently, it was revealed that 550 kg of GMO rice had been produced in Kocani from imported seed. This quantity will be also destroyed.
Under the law on food safety, import, production and sale of food containing GMO is banned. ba/15:27
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:42 PM | FM Dimitrov: US State Secretary Pompeo voices strong support for Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov had an official meeting Tuesday in Washington with US Secretary of ...
- 9:27 PM | Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen 'strikes plea deal'
US President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen has entered into a plea deal with US federal...
- 7:46 PM | Vice-Premier Angjusev meets German business delegation
Germany is the most significant trade partner of Macedonia, Vice-Premier for Economic Affairs Koco A...
- 6:37 PM | More than two million Muslims mark Eid al-Adha in Saudi Arabia
More than two million Muslims took part in the symbolic stoning of the devil Tuesday in Saudi Arabia...
- 6:33 PM | FM Dimitrov visits Washington for meetings with US senators, NGO representatives
Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov, who is paying an official visit to the US, held talks i...