- Friday, August 10, 2018 7:22 PM
Ohrid, 10 August 2018 (MIA) – Macedonian journalist, storyteller and playwright Blaze Minevski is the author of "Dropping the Ball," the winning short story of City of Ohrid's annual Zivko Cingo Award given in honor of the well-known Macedonian literary figure.
The award will be given to Minevski during this year's Zivko Cingo Evening. The literary event is held annually on August 13, Cingo's birthdate, in his native village of Velgoshti near Ohrid.
Blaze Minevski (b. 1961 in Gevgelija) is the award-winning author of seven novels, among which are I, Tito and Mickey Mouse, We Should Have Taken a Photo before We Started Hating Each Other, and Lenin's Lover, as well as several short story collections.
Zivko Cingo (1935-1987) was a prolific Macedonian writer from the post-World War II era. His novel The Great Water (1971)—which the Encyclopaedia Britannica describes as showing the grandness and sadness of childhood—has been translated into English, and it was made into a movie in 2004. mr/19:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:12 PM | Russian Orthodox Church breaks with Constantinople in row over Ukraine
The Russian Orthodox Church said on Monday it had decided to sever all relations with the Ecumenical...
- 7:58 PM | Turkish police have audio showing Khashoggi was killed at consulate: sources
Turkish authorities have an audio recording which indicates that missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khas...
- 7:51 PM | Parliament to resume debate on constitutional revision on Tuesday
MPs have concluded Monday's debate on the government motion for constitutional changes, which is set...
- 6:31 PM | Fight against corruption requires unity, says Minister Deskoska
Corruption exists in all countries without exception, as a criminal and sociological phenomenon, mor...
- 6:01 PM | 2018 Skopje Jazz Festival: Contemporary jazz and exclusive performances
The Skopje Jazz Festival this year is focused on contemporary jazz. The musicians scheduled to perfo...