- Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:51 PM
Skopje, 12 September 2018 (MIA) – EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini is set to visit Macedonia on Thursday for meetings with the country’s top officials, the government said in a press release on Wednesday.
Mogherini is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, President Gjorge Ivanov and leader of the opposition VMRO-DPMNE Kristijan Mickoski, the press release reads. Mogherini -Zaev meeting will be followed by a press conference.
The European Commission issued a press release today, reminding that Mogherini welcomed the historic agreement on the name issue reached in June and attended its signing at Lake Prespa.
‘The EU has also been supporting the country, in line with the reinforced EU engagement with the Western Balkans, outlined in the Western Balkans Strategy, and commitments made at the EU-Western Balkans summit in Sofia,’ the press release reads. lk/19:50
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:31 PM | DUI’s Ahmeti: 30 September - key day for Macedonia' European future
The Democratic Union for Integration (DUI) set Macedonia’s accession to the European Union and NATO ...
- 9:58 PM | PM Zaev on Prespa Agreement and constitutional changes
The changes of Macedonian Constitution in line with Skopje-Athens name (Prespa Agreement) will be im...
- 8:49 PM | Bill Cosby sentenced to state prison for sexual assault
Comedian Bill Cosby has been sentenced to three to 10 years in state prison for sexual assault, the ...
- 8:38 PM | Argentina's central bank boss Luis Caputo quits after three months
The head of Argentina's central bank has resigned amid reports of a row over policies to restore con...
- 7:17 PM | US President Trump pits 'patriotism' over 'globalism' at UN speech
President Donald Trump delivered a blunt condemnation of cooperative "globalism", lashing out at OPE...