- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:33 PM
Brussels, 10 October 2018 (MIA) - Belgian authorities say 57 police raids are ongoing in Belgium and six other European nations in a vast probe into financial fraud and match-fixing in football.
The federal prosecutor's office says 44 raids were being held in Belgium and 13 more in France, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Montenegro, Serbia and Macedonia.
The prosecutor's statement says a year-old probe into sports shows they had evidence of "suspect financial operations" by agents and also brought up indications "of possible influencing of games" over the last season.
Media say that Mogi Bayat, Belgium's best known agent, Brugge coach Ivan Leko and a former Anderlecht coach were among those being questioned.
The investigation centers on "activities relating to a criminal organization, money laundering and private corruption." ba/15:29
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:35 PM | FM Dimitrov: Even the biggest critics of Prespa Agreement will realize it's the way to progress
Even the biggest critics of the Prespa Agreement in the two countries sooner of later will realize t...
- 4:04 PM | Osmani: Macedonia becoming top business destination for European companies
Macedonia and Sweden share exceptionally positive and friendly political relations, which is conside...
- 2:27 PM | Sekerinska: Justice and pardoning are not exclusive but complementary
Justice and pardoning are not exclusive but complementary. Yesterday's message of the Prime Minister...
- 1:48 PM | Zaev: I am open to dialogue, it never occurred to me to exert influence on institutions and courts
I have always supported the dialogue and finding solutions through a discussion. There are too many ...
- 1:43 PM | VMRO-DPMNE asks Speaker to allow leader's address in Parliament
VMRO-DPMNE MP group coordinator Dragan Danev asked Tuesday Speaker Talat Xhaferi to allow party lead...