- Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:52 PM
Brussels, 17 May 2018 (MIA) - The European Union is taking six member states to court for exposing their citizens to too much air pollution, AP reported.
The European Commission on Thursday referred France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania and Britain to the EU’s highest Court of Justice, saying they failed to respect air quality limits and did not take appropriate action in time.
The Commission also warned Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and Britain for disregarding car approval rules.
Bas Eickhout of the Greens/EFA group in the European parliament said that “it is shameful that some of Europe’s wealthiest countries are dragging their heels on protecting their citizens’ health.” ba/14:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:18 AM | Construction of Stip-Radovis expressway kicks off
The construction of 23,5 km-long Stip-Radovis expressway kicks off Monday. The construction works wi...
- 9:36 AM | Mitsotakis: Ilinden Macedonia is embodiment of irredentism
Ilinden and the Ilinden Uprising identify with Macedonian irredentism, says New Democracy leader Kyr...
- 9:20 AM | Court to issue "Bribe" judgment
The judgment in case dubbed "Bribe" against Prime Minister Zoran Zaev is to be issued in the Skopje-...
- 9:05 AM | Electoral Code changes, NBRM governor and OTA director election in Parliament
The Parliament is set to begin Monday its 46. session, including the Electoral Code changes related ...
- 8:52 AM | University Ss. Cyril and Methodius observes 69. anniversary
University Ss.Cyril and Methodius-Skopje observes its 69. anniversary with several events on Monday.