- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:48 PM
Tbilisi, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili resigned on Wednesday amid a disagreement with the leader of the ruling party, Bidzina Ivanishvili, who is a former prime minister and the ex-Soviet country’s richest man, Reuters reports.
“We’ve had some disagreements with the leader of the ruling party,” Kvirikashvili said in a televised statement. “I think there is a moment now when the leader of the (ruling) party should be given an opportunity to staff a new cabinet.”
Kvirikashvili, 50, has been prime minister since 2015. lk/19:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:09 AM | Kotzias: No solution unless Prespa Agreement implemented
There will be no solution unless the Prespa Agreement is implemented, said Foreign Minister Nikos Ko...
- 8:54 AM | Eleven years since Tose Proeski's passing
Macedonia and the Balkans are remembering Tose Proeski, who tragically died in car crash near Nova G...
- 8:48 AM | "Feed 10,000" and school kindergartens on World Food Day
Promotion of a new kindergarten in elementary school Avram Pisevski in Skopje village Bardovci will ...
- 8:29 AM | Trump sends Pompeo to Riyadh over Khashoggi, Saudis may blame official
Saudi Arabia is preparing to acknowledge the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a botched ...
- 8:21 AM | CEEC-China (16+1) countries' ministers meet in Belgrade
The Third summit of transport ministers of China and 16 countries of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE...