- Wednesday, October 04, 2017 6:22 PM
Zurich, 4 October 2017 (MIA) - FIFA, world's football governing body, has fined the Albanian Football Association (AFA) 30,000 Swiss francs for improper conduct by fans at a match against Macedonia played in the city of Strumica.
Albania's association was fined after fans during the World Cup qualifying match in September conducted in such a way demonstrating 'Albanian nationalism', for political chanting and setting off fireworks.
The match ended in a draw (1:1)
Some 300 Albanian football fans in Strumica throughout the match chanted "Great Albania", "Ilirida" and "UCK". The start of the second half-time was also delayed after fans threw flares on the field.
A fine of 5,000 Swiss francs was also imposed on the Football Federation of Macedonia and a warning.
FIFA issued a warning to the Israeli federation for a match in Haifa against Macedonia for fans who threw hard items on field. ba/18:20
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:53 PM | Forest fire burns west of Athens, residents flee on mopeds
A swift-moving forest fire burned through a mountainous area west of Athens on Monday, prompting res...
- 4:51 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: Gov't accepts opposition demands
Party leaders have reached an agreement on the law on the financing of political parties, a Przino-s...
- 4:49 PM | Sweden faces 'extreme' risk of even more wildfires
Sweden is facing an "extreme" risk of more wildfires in coming days, authorities warned on Monday. ...
- 4:44 PM | I’m ‘very happy’ with progress in North Korea talk, says Trump
US President Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at the media for what he said was “Fake News” about d...
- 4:08 PM | Leaders’ meeting brings agreement on ‘Przino Government, State Election Commission and financing of political parties (video)
After six-hour talks, the leaders of four main parties in Macedonia reached an agreement Monday on t...