- Friday, May 11, 2018 9:06 AM
London, 11 May 2018 (MIA) - David de Gea has won the Premier League's Golden Glove for the first time in his career, Omnisport reports.
The Manchester United goalkeeper is considered one of the finest in the world in his position, but the honour has eluded him since he joined from Atletico Madrid in 2011.
Thursday's 0-0 draw away to West Ham was De Gea's 18th clean sheet of the Premier League season, meaning he cannot be caught by Ederson of Manchester City, who has 16.
"That means the team has defended well all year, and I'm very happy for that. It was a really good season for me," said the Spain international.
De Gea's honour adds to the fourth Manchester United Player of the Year award he collected this month, eclipsing the club record previously held by Cristiano Ronaldo. ik/09:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...
- 11:38 AM | German Defence Minister: Seize this unique opportunity
We want to build Europe together with you. I am convinced that the referendum will be successful and...