- Friday, May 11, 2018 9:06 AM
London, 11 May 2018 (MIA) - David de Gea has won the Premier League's Golden Glove for the first time in his career, Omnisport reports.
The Manchester United goalkeeper is considered one of the finest in the world in his position, but the honour has eluded him since he joined from Atletico Madrid in 2011.
Thursday's 0-0 draw away to West Ham was De Gea's 18th clean sheet of the Premier League season, meaning he cannot be caught by Ederson of Manchester City, who has 16.
"That means the team has defended well all year, and I'm very happy for that. It was a really good season for me," said the Spain international.
De Gea's honour adds to the fourth Manchester United Player of the Year award he collected this month, eclipsing the club record previously held by Cristiano Ronaldo. ik/09:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:30 AM | Japanese indie Shoplifters wins Cannes' Palme d'Or
The Japanese family drama Shoplifters has received the coveted award for best film, the Palme d'Or, ...
- 11:20 AM | Europe, China, Russia discussing new deal for Iran: newspaper
Diplomats from Europe, China and Russia are discussing a new accord to offer Iran financial aid to c...
- 6:45 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: No change of Constitution to change the name
VMRO-DPMNE does not accept the Constitution to be amended in order the constitutional name to be cha...
- 6:31 PM | President Ivanov to make public name position after receiving written document
President Gjorge Ivanov says he wants to receive a written document containing everything that has b...
- 5:55 PM | PM Zaev: Republic of Ilinden Macedonia could lead to possible compromise with Greece
The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia is the option considered by the premiers of Macedonia and Greece i...