- Monday, May 14, 2018 8:54 AM
Budapest, 14 May 2018 (MIA) - Vardar lost to Gyor 27:26 in the final of the women's handball Champions League on Sunday.
The two teams also met in last year's final, with Gyor winning both matches in extra time.
Gyor held the lead in the first half, but Vardar managed to come back and earn at draw at halftime (9:9).
In the second period, no team managed to build an advantage and the match went into overtime after the score stood at 20:20.
Gyor took a three-goal lead in overtime, but Vardar clawed back. However, the Gyor goalkeeper saved a fast break in the dying seconds, sparking the celebrations of the defending champions. ik/08:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:15 PM | EBRD lends €10m to Macedonia to improve European transport corridor
A €10 million loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the Macedonian go...
- 1:18 PM | Macedonia up two spots in latest FIFA ranking
Macedonia's national football team has advanced two spots in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thu...
- 1:00 PM | Spasovski: Macedonia plays active role in wide-reaching front against cyber threats
There's no doubt that in the past several years cyber crimes have become a major security-related th...
- 12:38 PM | US State Department: Macedonia cooperating in counterterrorism efforts
Macedonia cooperated with U.S. counterterrorism efforts and was a member of the Global Coalition to ...
- 11:38 AM | German Defence Minister: Seize this unique opportunity
We want to build Europe together with you. I am convinced that the referendum will be successful and...