- Monday, May 14, 2018 8:54 AM
Budapest, 14 May 2018 (MIA) - Vardar lost to Gyor 27:26 in the final of the women's handball Champions League on Sunday.
The two teams also met in last year's final, with Gyor winning both matches in extra time.
Gyor held the lead in the first half, but Vardar managed to come back and earn at draw at halftime (9:9).
In the second period, no team managed to build an advantage and the match went into overtime after the score stood at 20:20.
Gyor took a three-goal lead in overtime, but Vardar clawed back. However, the Gyor goalkeeper saved a fast break in the dying seconds, sparking the celebrations of the defending champions. ik/08:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:30 AM | Japanese indie Shoplifters wins Cannes' Palme d'Or
The Japanese family drama Shoplifters has received the coveted award for best film, the Palme d'Or, ...
- 11:20 AM | Europe, China, Russia discussing new deal for Iran: newspaper
Diplomats from Europe, China and Russia are discussing a new accord to offer Iran financial aid to c...
- 6:45 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: No change of Constitution to change the name
VMRO-DPMNE does not accept the Constitution to be amended in order the constitutional name to be cha...
- 6:31 PM | President Ivanov to make public name position after receiving written document
President Gjorge Ivanov says he wants to receive a written document containing everything that has b...
- 5:55 PM | PM Zaev: Republic of Ilinden Macedonia could lead to possible compromise with Greece
The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia is the option considered by the premiers of Macedonia and Greece i...