- Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:29 PM
Montreal, 10 June 2018 (MIA) - Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel won an intense battle to take pole position for the Canadian Grand Prix, with title rival Lewis Hamilton only fourth, the BBC reports.
Vettel edged Hamilton's Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas by 0.093 seconds as Red Bull's Max Verstappen sneaked ahead of Hamilton with his final lap.
Hamilton was unusually out of sorts on a track at which he has excelled so many times, and a series of mistakes left him struggling to keep up.
He was 0.232secs off the pace.
Vettel's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen was fifth, slipping down from third on the first runs after blowing his final lap with an error in running wide on the exit of Turn Two. The second Red Bull of Daniel Ricciardo was sixth. lk/12:28
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...