- Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:03 PM
Manchester, 10 June 2018 (MIA) - Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has hit back at Yaya Toure after the Ivory Coast midfielder accused him of ‘having problems with Africans’, insisting it is a lie.
Speaking to France Football magazine, Toure – who left City in May after eight seasons at club when his contract expired – slammed his former coach and accused him of racism.
‘He [Guardiola] insists he has no problems with black players, because he is too intelligent to be caught out,’ Toure sensationally claimed last week.
Both City and Guardiola initially refused to comment, but the Catalan coach was asked about Toure’s comments in an interview with Spanish show TV3 and said: ‘It is a lie, he knows it. ‘We were together two years and it is only now when he says it. He never told me face to face.’
Toure started just once in the Premier League in his final season at the Etihad, when he captained the side against Brighton in the penultimate game of the season. He made just 17 appearances across the entire season as he was quickly fazed out of the team by Guardiola, who also sold the 35-year-old when he was in charge of Barcelona in 2010. lk/15:02
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...