- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:55 PM
Cluj, 13 June 2018 (MIA) - The Macedonian men's handball team has qualified for next year's World Championships in Germany and Denmark despite losing to Romania in the second leg of the play-offs on Wednesday.
Romania won 26:25 but failed to reach the eight-goal advantage that Macedonia held from the first leg (32:24).
Romania managed to have a one-goal lead at halftime (12:11) and led by as many as four in the second period. However, Macedonia came back and the hosts managed to hold on for the win.
Dejan Manaskov was Macedonia's leading scorer with 8 goals, followed by captain Kiril Lazarov with 5.
Macedonia will take part at its sixth world championships. The draw for the event's group stage will be held on June 25. ik/19:53
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:27 PM | Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, may affect name deal: Osmani tells Realnews
Failure to obtain start date for EU accession talks, would cause disappointment, but also consequenc...
- 3:44 PM | 236 applications submitted at Fund for Innovations first call
236 applications from micro and small-sized enterprises (SMEs) for investment projects were submitte...
- 2:24 PM | The Gin Game play to be performed within Skopje Summer Festival
Drama Theatre Skopje will perform Sunday evening The Gin Game play by Donald Lee Coburn, directed by...
- 2:06 PM | WC 2018: FIFA fines Argentina, Croatia federations for fans’ conduct in Nizhny Novgorod
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has fined football associations of Argentina and Croatia for disturb...
- 2:00 PM | Sekerinska sends letter to NATO counterparts asking support for Macedonia’s membership invitation
Following the agreement reached with Greece, Defence Minister Radmila Sekerinska sends letter to 29 ...