- Wednesday, August 08, 2018 9:15 PM
Toronto, 8 August 2018 (MIA) - Novak Djokovic began his bid for a fifth Rogers Cup crown with a straight-sets victory over Bosnia's Mirza Basic.
Djokovic, the Wimbledon champion, won 6-3 7-6 (7-3) against Basic, who was a late replacement for injured South Korean Chung Hyeon, the BBC reports.
Thirteen-time Grand Slam champion Djokovic will face Canada's Peter Polansky in the second round.
Elsewhere, wildcard Stan Wawrinka beat 16th seed Nick Kyrgios 1-6 7-5 7-5 and Kei Nishikori lost to Robin Haase. lk/21:11
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:45 PM | President Ivanov: School for Young Leaders turns into recognized brand
About 40 young people from Azerbaijan, Canada, China, Macedonia, Switzerland, Spain…are taking part ...
- 6:52 PM | Islamic militants launch attacks in Chechnya, 5 killed
Islamic militants launched a series of attacks Monday in Russia's southern province of Chechnya, lea...
- 6:49 PM | Turkey initiates WTO dispute complaint over additional U.S. tariffs
Turkey has initiated a dispute complaint with the World Trade Organisation against additional tariff...
- 5:53 PM | Titanic: Electoral fraud trial resumes Sept. 12
122 'bombs', i.e. batches of wiretapped phone conversations, were played Monday during a trial of th...
- 5:22 PM | Organizations ask government to fund 'Boycott' referendum campaign
The organizations campaigning against the Sept. 30 name referendum on Monday asked the government to...