- Sunday, August 12, 2018 9:58 AM
Zagreb, 12 August 2018 (MIA) - Croatia's best track and field athlete, Sandra Perkovic, won her fifth European title in discus throw in a row, with a 67.62-metre-long throw on Saturday evening during the Athletics Championships in Berlin, Hina reports.
The silver and the bronze medal went to two German athletes: Nadine Muller (63.00) and Shanice Craft (62.46).
Perkovic, born on 21 June 1990 in Zagreb, is a two-time Olympic (2012, 2016) and World (2013, 2017) champion.
The European Athletics Championships in Berlin is being staged 7-12 August and Perkovic's medal is the first for Croatia.
She is the first athlete to win five European titles in a row in the track and field contests. ik/09:57
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:45 PM | President Ivanov: School for Young Leaders turns into recognized brand
About 40 young people from Azerbaijan, Canada, China, Macedonia, Switzerland, Spain…are taking part ...
- 6:52 PM | Islamic militants launch attacks in Chechnya, 5 killed
Islamic militants launched a series of attacks Monday in Russia's southern province of Chechnya, lea...
- 6:49 PM | Turkey initiates WTO dispute complaint over additional U.S. tariffs
Turkey has initiated a dispute complaint with the World Trade Organisation against additional tariff...
- 5:53 PM | Titanic: Electoral fraud trial resumes Sept. 12
122 'bombs', i.e. batches of wiretapped phone conversations, were played Monday during a trial of th...
- 5:22 PM | Organizations ask government to fund 'Boycott' referendum campaign
The organizations campaigning against the Sept. 30 name referendum on Monday asked the government to...