- Friday, January 12, 2018 3:36 PM
Skopje, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - Funds of the Eurobond issued yesterday will be used for covering the budget deficit, higher salaries in education and health sectors, intensifying of capital investments and repayment of old debts, said Finance Minister Dragan Tevdovski on Friday.
"The Eurobond is worth EUR 500 million, including a seven-year maturing period and a record low interest rate at 2.75 percent," Tevdovski told reporters.
According to him, the decision was transparent and published in the Official Gazette.
The state debt has reached EUR 2,04 billion, excluding interests, following the sixth Eurobond release.
The first Eurobond worth EUR 170 million was issued in 2005, the second at EUR 175 million in 2009, the third at EUR 500 million in 2014, the fourth at EUR 270 million in 2015, and the fifth at EUR 450 million in 2016. ik/15:34
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...
- 5:41 PM | Original reporting makes up only seven percent of TV news broadcasts
A recent survey of eight Macedonian TV networks has shown that local journalists take the initiative...