- Friday, February 02, 2018 11:09 AM
Skopje, 2 February 2018 (MIA) - Kavadarci-based ferro-nickel plant Feni Industries is to reopen after the Board of Creditors decided to conclude an agreement over processing of nickel ore with the sole bidder, GSOL, for a minimum monthly deposit of EUR 1,2 million, the Board said on Friday.
The board says the plant's reopening would create conditions for creditors to collect their outstanding claims at a higher percentage, which is the basic objective of the bankruptcy proceedings.
According to the board, the agreement is also important for employees, who will take up their jobs.
The Veles court approved on 29 November 2017 the opening of bankruptcy proceedings in Feni, which has outstanding liabilities in the amount of EUR 60 million, of which EUR 40 million to Komercijalna Banka-Skopje, Stopanska Banka-Skopje and Silk Road Bank-Skopje.
"Feni Industries" has about 1,000 employees. ik/11:08
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:53 PM | Russia's RT faces three new impartiality investigations in Britain
Britain’s media regulator said on Monday it had opened a further three investigations into Russian n...
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...