- Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:51 PM
Skopje, 12 September 2018 (MIA) – EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini is set to visit Macedonia on Thursday for meetings with the country’s top officials, the government said in a press release on Wednesday.
Mogherini is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, President Gjorge Ivanov and leader of the opposition VMRO-DPMNE Kristijan Mickoski, the press release reads. Mogherini -Zaev meeting will be followed by a press conference.
The European Commission issued a press release today, reminding that Mogherini welcomed the historic agreement on the name issue reached in June and attended its signing at Lake Prespa.
‘The EU has also been supporting the country, in line with the reinforced EU engagement with the Western Balkans, outlined in the Western Balkans Strategy, and commitments made at the EU-Western Balkans summit in Sofia,’ the press release reads. lk/19:50
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:20 PM | Zaev-Pence: Prespa Agreement secures Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Thursday in Washington with United States Vice President Mike Pence, w...
- 9:57 PM | DM Sekerinska: Citizens offered opportunity to realize wish for becoming part of EU, NATO
There is no doubt that citizens of Macedonia wish for their country to join the European Union and N...
- 8:45 PM | Germany, France help Western Balkans get rid of illicit arms
Germany and France have launched a project fighting illicit firearms trafficking in the Western Balk...
- 8:06 PM | Turkey slashes growth goals, warns of high inflation
Turkey slashed its growth projections and ramped up inflation predictions on Thursday, winning prais...
- 7:54 PM | Turkey fines Google over competition infringements
Turkey's Competition Authority has fined US tech giant Google around USD 15 million for violating co...