- Thursday, December 07, 2017 11:41 AM
Skopje, 7 December 2017 (MIA) - The indictment evaluation council within the Skopje-based Criminal Court has accepted the indictment in the Special Prosecutor's Case (SPO) case dubbed "Titanic 2" over election irregularities, the SPO told MIA.
DPA leader Menduh Thaci, former State Election Commission (SEC) members Bedredin Ibraimi, Anita Stefanovska and Vlatko Sajkovski, as well as current SEC member Saso Srcev are charged with abuse of office in the case.
Wiretapped conversations will be used as evidence in the case.
In addition, the indictment against former Administration for Security and Counterintelligence (UBK) chief Saso Mijalkov for "receiving an award for illegal influence" has also been accepted.
On the other hand, the indictment against five judges suspected of election irregularities has not been accepted, with the SPO already lodging an appeal over the decision. ik/11:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:04 PM | U.S. Ambassador Baily congratulates Macedonia on EU recommendation
United States Ambassador Jess Baily has congratulated Macedonia on obtaining the clear recommendatio...
- 6:46 PM | EU foreign policy chief praises Montenegro's role in Balkans
The European Union foreign policy chief has praised Montenegro's role in the volatile Balkan region,...
- 6:19 PM | Turkey steps in to complete construction of Skopje-based Turkish Theater
The construction of a new building housing the Turkish Theater in Skopje will be completed in cooper...
- 6:04 PM | Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meeting
Iran, Iraq, Syria and Russia held a meeting in Baghdad Thursday of military and security officials t...
- 5:52 PM | Cuba's new president vows to defend Castro revolutionary legacy
Cuba’s new president, Miguel Diaz-Canel, began his term on Thursday with a promise to defend the soc...