- Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:06 PM
Skopje, 2 January 2018 (MIA) - All political stakeholders - part of the incumbent government - believe that the time has come for the issue on Macedonia's accession to NATO to be settled, as the country is holding an inglorious record as candidate, which has already launched the 18th cycle of the annual membership plan, National Coordinator for NATO Stevo Pendarovski says in an interview with the public broadcaster MRT.
He is certain that Macedonia will resolve the political and economic problems by the next NATO Summit, scheduled to take place on 11-12 July in Brussels.
Macedonia, Pendarovski says, will do everything in its power for settling the name dispute, but it cannot offer guarantees about the moves of the other side (Greece).
He expects for the new opposition, as it is the case with the government, to show understanding for the most important issue and have a vision about 'what we wish for Macedonia to be in the next 15-20 years.'
Pendarovski says a referendum should be organized if there is a reasonable proposal for settling the name dispute. lk/21:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:45 PM | Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
The Democratic Party sued Russia, Republican President Donald Trump's campaign and WikiLeaks on Frid...
- 7:01 PM | Luxembourg reaffirms its support of Macedonia’s bid to join Euro-Atlantic organizations
The Macedonian, Luxembourgian Foreign Ministers, Nikola Dimitrov and Jean Asselborn respectively, ex...
- 6:45 PM | Trump rails against high oil prices, OPEC pushes back
U.S. President Donald Trump accused OPEC on Friday of “artificially” boosting oil prices after a yea...
- 6:44 PM | European Council President Tusk to visit Macedonia on 27 April
European Council President Donald Tusk will travel to Tirana, Podgorica, Belgrade, Sarajevo and Skop...
- 6:29 PM | EU integration progress to boost economic growth, FinMin tells Bloomberg
The European Commission’s recommendation for the Republic of Macedonia to start European Union entry...