- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:09 AM
Skopje, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - Overnight winds have cleared the air in the Skopje region, bringing down the levels of fine PM10 particles below 50 μg/m.
Forecasters have said moderate to strong winds will also blow in the area on Wednesday.
Air pollution over the past couple of days vastly exceeded the limits, reaching up to 629 μg/m in certain areas of Skopje.
The Government and the City of Skopje introduce emergency measures once levels exceed 200 μg/m at measuring stations over two consecutive days. ik/09:08
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:04 PM | U.S. Ambassador Baily congratulates Macedonia on EU recommendation
United States Ambassador Jess Baily has congratulated Macedonia on obtaining the clear recommendatio...
- 6:46 PM | EU foreign policy chief praises Montenegro's role in Balkans
The European Union foreign policy chief has praised Montenegro's role in the volatile Balkan region,...
- 6:19 PM | Turkey steps in to complete construction of Skopje-based Turkish Theater
The construction of a new building housing the Turkish Theater in Skopje will be completed in cooper...
- 6:04 PM | Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meeting
Iran, Iraq, Syria and Russia held a meeting in Baghdad Thursday of military and security officials t...
- 5:52 PM | Cuba's new president vows to defend Castro revolutionary legacy
Cuba’s new president, Miguel Diaz-Canel, began his term on Thursday with a promise to defend the soc...