- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:02 PM
Skopje, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - Representatives of the 'Bioengineering' company Goran and Ivan Kungulovski presented Wednesday a scientific project to Prime Minister Zoran Zaev on 'Personalized Genetics - Genome and Exome Sequencing', which could be applied in diagnosing, pharmacogenetics and other areas of preventive medicine, the government said in a press release.
This methodology offers precise and timely diagnosis, enabling a personalized therapy that should be more effective and cause fewer side effects than the standard options. The introduction of new technologies based on genetic information are a potential tool in pre-natal medicine, fatal and rare diseases, the press release reads.
Zaev commend the young biologists for their enthusiasm and hard work, saying that the government would support all initiatives that would bring scientific progress in general, especially to the sphere of medicine. lk/21:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:04 PM | U.S. Ambassador Baily congratulates Macedonia on EU recommendation
United States Ambassador Jess Baily has congratulated Macedonia on obtaining the clear recommendatio...
- 6:46 PM | EU foreign policy chief praises Montenegro's role in Balkans
The European Union foreign policy chief has praised Montenegro's role in the volatile Balkan region,...
- 6:19 PM | Turkey steps in to complete construction of Skopje-based Turkish Theater
The construction of a new building housing the Turkish Theater in Skopje will be completed in cooper...
- 6:04 PM | Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meeting
Iran, Iraq, Syria and Russia held a meeting in Baghdad Thursday of military and security officials t...
- 5:52 PM | Cuba's new president vows to defend Castro revolutionary legacy
Cuba’s new president, Miguel Diaz-Canel, began his term on Thursday with a promise to defend the soc...