- Friday, February 09, 2018 12:04 PM
Skopje, 9 February 2018 (MIA) - The journalist Dragan Pavlovic Latas, who is charged with tax evasion in “Total” case of Special Prosecutor's Office (SPO), did not attend Friday's hearing due to personal and family reasons, his defence told.
Defence provided medical evidence for Latas’s inability to attend the court hearing.
The judge Slavica Naumova Josifovska adjourned the main hearing to March 30.
The prosecutor Ljubomir Lape asked the court to set additional new hearings for easier organization of the case, after which the court scheduled a trial on April 11 and 23.
The “Total” case is regarding tax evasion, where the suspect is the owner and manager of the company’s “Total DOOEL Skopje,” “Mediamaks” and “Total Media Centar” DOOEL Skopje. Latas and legal entities provided false data aimed at evading payment of taxes in the final accounts and tax returns in the period from 2008 to 2015. Legal entities damaged the budget by €121,000, while the suspect by €63,000. sk/12:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:45 PM | Macedonian, Bulgarian PMs in Rome: Ss. Cyril and Methodius’ mission promotes dialogue and mutual understanding
Macedonian and Bulgarian delegations, led by Prime Ministers Zoran Zaev and Boyko Borissov respectiv...
- 4:34 PM | Macedonia becomes full-fledged member of Adriatic-Ionian Initiative
On an invitation of Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano, a delegation of Macedonia’s Foreign Mi...
- 3:30 PM | Greek media on new name talks round in New York
Greek media are reporting extensively Thursday about the fresh round of Athens-Skopje name talks in ...
- 2:58 PM | North Korea nuclear test tunnels at Punggye-ri destroyed
North Korea followed through on a pledge to blow up tunnels at its nuclear test site on Thursday, me...
- 2:51 PM | Migrants block northern Greek highway in 2nd day of protests
Some 250 asylum-seekers have blocked a busy northern Greek highway, in a second day of protests agai...