- Thursday, March 08, 2018 3:54 PM
Skopje, 8 March 2018 (MIA) - Macedonia follows digitization processes, which do not recognize gender, heard conference "Women in Digital", organized by telecommunications operator VIP on Wednesday.
A VIP research has shown that 96 percent of respondents use the internet, 76 percent use smartphones, 24 percent buy online, 55 percent use AliExpress.
The hiring of six women advisers in the Office of the Minister for Information Society and Administration Damjan Mancevski results from the fact that they are excellent engineers, lawyers, economists, HR experts, best at what they do.
"Digitization creates enormous opportunities for progressive changes and economic development. Over 70 percent of Macedonian citizens already use smartphones, while 58.6 percent use mobile internet. I hope we will increase this percentage," said Mancevski and added that the Government has been drafting the national operational plan for broadband internet, enabling the development of super fast electronic communications networks.
VIP executive director Mislav Galler said digital transformation eliminates the perceptions over differences between men and women, who have to adapt to changes with the same speed.
"VIP is a proof of gender equality, with 50 percent of the 1,100 employees being women, while 46 of them at managerial positions," stressed Galler. ik/15:50
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...