- Monday, March 05, 2018 10:35 AM
Skopje, 5 March 2018 (MIA) - Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy Ljupco Nikolovski talked early Monday over the phone with Serbian Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Rasim Ljajic regarding the bilateral flour problem.
The agriculture ministry has told MIA that all options towards overcoming the issue are being reviewed. Details will be available later in the day.
Nikolovski said over the weekend that a joint committee is established, which is set to open all issues. The first session scheduled in Nis this month.
The problem emerged after the Macedonian Government adopted a new rulebook on the import of flour in Macedonia, which stipulates the applying of control labels after import and quality checks, not prior to the export to Macedonia.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy says the existing rulebook has been harmonized in order to guarantee the safety and quality of imported flour, as well as make sure that the flour is sold in retail only after it gets a control label.
"The changes refer only to the order of the entire import procedure. A novelty is that control labels will be issued after obtaining the results of the samples regarding the quality and safety of the imported flour," says the ministry.
The changes do not result in any additional financial costs for importers.
Serbia annually exports 30,000-40,000 tonnes of flour to Macedonia. ik/10:34
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...