- Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:53 AM
Prague, 11 August 2016 (MIA) - Czech fire-fighters will send electric generators and pumps as support following the weekend's devastating floods in the Skopje region, MIA reports from Prague.
Macedonia activated the EU Civil Protection Mechanism, asking for humanitarian assistance.
"The Czech Republic, which has a vast experience in coping with floods, has offered eight generators and 47 pumps, which Macedonia accepted", said Nikole Zaoralova, spokesperson of the Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic.
The technical assistance is set to arrive in Macedonia on Saturday. ik/09:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:13 PM | Merkel urges compromise, Macron wants solidarity on euro zone reforms
Chancellor Angela Merkel called for a spirit of compromise on reforming the euro zone at a meeting o...
- 4:07 PM | DSWB6: Western Balkan countries outline digital transformation goals
Western Balkan countries pledge to reduce roaming charges within the region and with the European Un...
- 4:06 PM | State Department: US supports Macedonia’s accession to EU, NATO
The US State Department has voiced strong support of Macedonia’s Euro-Atlantic future, as the Europe...
- 3:49 PM | FM Dimitrov: Macedonia’s EU, NATO accession will be beneficial for Greece
The government is focused on convincing everybody, including neighboring Greece, that it is good Mac...
- 2:45 PM | President Ivanov to host Brdo-Brijuni Leaders' Meeting next week
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov next week will host a meeting of the leaders of the countries par...