- Friday, October 06, 2017 4:48 PM
Prilep, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - The negotiations with Greece on settling the name row have been deadlocked for a long time and now a positive approach to the process is needed, not a 'superficial nationalism,' Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov said Friday in Prilep.
Now we should work on reviving old and making new friendships, which also refers to Greece, as Macedonia needs them if it wishes to solve the (name) problem, Dimitrov said.
He also expressed belief that Macedonia's EU - accession talks would be launched soon.
'I believe we have a chance, but a lot has to be done yet. I'll do my best to persuade out neighbors, Brussels and all EU members that such move is rather beneficial for Macedonia, but also for Europe,' Dimitrov said. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:00 PM | Belgrade-Pristina dialogue resumes in September
The next meeting of the Serbia and Kosovo presidents Aleksandar Vucic and Hashim Thaci will take pla...
- 3:31 PM | Leaders’ meeting resumes Monday morning
A fresh round of talks including only the leaders of the four main parliamentary parties - Zoran Zae...
- 3:06 PM | Zaev: Long-awaited construction of hydro system Konsko begins (video)
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy Ljupco Nikolovski, Ge...
- 1:57 PM | Pianist Vadym Kholodenko to give solo recital at Ohrid Summer Festival
Following last night’s performance together with the violinist Alena Baeva at the Ohrid Summer Festi...
- 1:41 PM | Putin says Russia's World Cup stadiums should remain soccer venues
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that the country's 12 World Cup venues should be mai...