- Friday, January 26, 2018 9:09 PM
Skopje, 26 January 2018 (MIA) - At the sidelines of World Economic Forum in Davos, Macedonia's Prime Minister Zoran Zaev held talks Friday with the philanthropist, investor and founder of the Open Society Foundation (OSF), George Soros, the government said in a press release.
Macedonia shares with OSF and promotes the values of democracy, human rights, rule of law and open society, Zaev said at the meeting.
He notified that the concept - equal society for all, along with the democratic reforms for the EU, NATO membership and the government's economic measures - remained the foundation upon which the new Macedonia's image was being built.
Macedonia and Soros are ready to keep cooperating in developing the country's democratic capacity and new business, investment opportunities, the press release reads. lk/21:08
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:53 PM | Russia's RT faces three new impartiality investigations in Britain
Britain’s media regulator said on Monday it had opened a further three investigations into Russian n...
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...